- 2 cups warm milk (approx. 80-90 degrees)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons yeast
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large apples, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In large measuring cup, warm milk to between 80-90 degrees. Add sugar and yeast and stir. Let set for 3-4 minutes until yeast is bubbly.
- Pour into bowl of stand mixer; add one cup of flour, oil, salt and vanilla. Mix on low with paddle attachment until flour is mixed in. Add another cup of flour; mix on low until combined. Add third cup of flour and baking soda; mix until just combined.
- Cover and let rise for one hour.
- After one hour, add remaining cup of flour. The dough will be very wet. At this point you can refrigerate dough until you need it or go to the next step. (This dough is a lot easier to work with if it’s cold. I used warm dough and it was a little tricky!)
- While dough is rising, peel and use a mandolin to thinly slice apples into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper that overlaps all sides. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead. Roll out into large rectangle.
- Transfer dough to baking sheet; press into an even layer. (Since the dough is so wet, this helped roll the dough into a log much more easily.)
- Pour ½ cup melted butter onto dough; sprinkle brown sugar over top. Spread mixture out over dough. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice evenly over sugar.
- Make an even layer of apple slices on top of sugar; sprinkle on pecans.
- Gently roll the dough into a log. Slice into 12 pieces using floured, serrated knife.
- Place rolls in a 9×13 baking pan; bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Whip cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together. Slowly add milk until it has a thinner consistency.
- Spread over cinnamon rolls.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
(Visited 112 times, 2 visits today)