If I didn’t have a husband and children to feed, I’d eat a salad like this every night of the summer. The taste is similar to the Chinese Chicken Salad at a restaurant .
- Makes 4 servings .
- Salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon powder ginger
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, and dried
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a whole red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken, sliced
- Learn About the Types of Psoriatic Arthritis
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients, except for sesame seeds, and using only 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Whisk until emulsified. Taste your dressing and add another 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, if desired, to make it saltier. Add 2 tablespoons sesame seeds to the dressing and mix them in.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl, except for 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and chicken. Add the salad dressing to the salad and toss – do not add all salad dressing at once: you might not need all of it. Add just enough salad dressing to coat the salad ingredients.
- Serve the salad in the individual serving bowls and top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and sliced chicken.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 5
Original recipe & image from :http://juliasalbum.com/2014/03/asian-chicken-salad-with-ginger-sesame-dressing/