- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and frehly ground balck pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, from about 3-4 oranges
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 heaping tablespoons orange zest
- 1-inch knob ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Cilantro leaves and additional sliced orange for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the chicken thighs with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Place half of the chicken thighs in the pan and sear both sides of the chicken until lightly browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining thighs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until well combined. Pour into the same pan and cook the sauce over medium heat and cook until reduced by a third. Add the chicken back to the pan and and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the fry pan and transfer to a serving platter, reserving the glaze in the pan. Tent the chicken with aluminum foil to keep warm. Cook the glaze over medium heat until the sauce is reduced by another third. Drizzle over the chicken and garnish with cilantro and sliced oranges if desired.
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)