This is a good make ahead recipe for a dinner during a busy week or a weekend get together. You can make the filling in your slow cooker and …
- Makes 6 serving .
- BBQ Lentil & Veggie Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1.5 cups dry green lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 4 whole bell peppers
- SLOW COOKER FILLING
- In your slow cooker, add the chopped bell peppers, zucchini, onions, dry lentils, water, and bbq sauce. Wait to add the quinoa for at least an hour.
- Set you slow cooker on high and cook for at least an hour before adding the quinoa. Continue cooking for 2-3 more hours, stirring occasionally. You can either continue and fill the peppers at this point, or you can refrigerate the filling for when you’re ready to stuff the peppers.
- (Side note, this filling is also super yummy as a take on sloppy joe’s. Add a few scoopfuls to a soft roll, top with a pickle and enjoy the mess!)
- In a baking dish, add a layer of the lentil, veggie and quinoa mix to the bottom so the peppers can sit in it. Cut the tops off of four bell peppers and fill the peppers with the veggie, lentil, and quinoa filling. Really stuff it in there. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve along side with mashed potatoes!
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 7
Original recipe & image from :http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/BBQ-Lentil-_-Veggie-Stuffed-Bell-Peppers-1032579
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)