Points Plus: 6, old points: 5
- 1½ lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2½ cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 (14 ounce) cans reduced-fat beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup water
- Dredge the beef in flour, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and cook for about 8 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove the beef from the pan.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan, sauté for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the paprika and vinegar, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and water, bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 2 hours.
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 230 Fat: 7 g Saturated fat: 3.3 g Carbohydrates: 22.5 g Fiber: 3.2 g Protein: 20.6 gCholesterol: 59.9 mg
(Visited 48 times, 1 visits today)