Try this flavor-packed stir-fry for a budget-friendly dish that easily feeds a crowd on a shoestring.
- 6-8 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups |
- 4 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs (skin will be removed later)
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce, optional Bragg Liquid Aminos or Tamari
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbs sucant or honey
- 1 1/2 tbs corn starch
- 1/4 cup natural, smooth peanut butter
- A few dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- pea shoots, optional
- chopped peanuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken thighs skin side up in dish. Roast for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Remove skin and bones from thighs, roughly chop and set aside.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Scrape out squash with a fork so that it resembles noodles. Combine with chicken in a large bowl.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine soy sauce, water, sucanat and corn starch until all blended together. Stir in peanut butter until combined. Stir in hot sauce and garlic and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add snow peas and carrots to skillet and sauté until soft, about 7-8 minutes. Toss vegetables with squash and chicken. Stir in peanut sauce. Serve in shallow bowls and garnish with pea shoots and peanuts if desired. Serves 4-6.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 212 | Total Fat: 7.2 g | Saturated Fat: 1.5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 44 mg | Sodium: 525 mg | Carbohydrates: 17.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g | Sugars: 11.8 g | Protein: 20.5 g | SmartPoints: 6 |
(Visited 304 times, 1 visits today)