YIELD: 12 BISCUITS
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 4 1/2 cups Bisquick (or a similar all-purpose baking mix)
- 1 cup 7-Up (or a similar lemon-lime soda)
- 1 cup sour cream (don’t use light)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put the butter in a 9×13-inch baking dish and place the dish in the oven until the butter is melted. Remove from the oven.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Bisquick, 7-Up and sour cream. The dough will be sticky. Turn the dough onto a floured work surface. You may need to sprinkle a little more of the baking mix into the dough if you find that it’s too sticky. Roll or pat the dough into a 1-inch thick circle. Cut circles out of the dough using a round cutter (or you can use anything else that is round– a small plastic bowl or a glass). Place the biscuits in the pan of melted butter.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the biscuits sit and soak in all of the melted butter.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)