YIELD: 12 BISCUITS
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 4 1/2 cups Bisquick (or a similar all-purpose baking mix)
- 1 cup 7-Up (or a similar lemon-lime soda)
- 1 cup sour cream (don’t use light)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put the butter in a 9×13-inch baking dish and place the dish in the oven until the butter is melted. Remove from the oven.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Bisquick, 7-Up and sour cream. The dough will be sticky. Turn the dough onto a floured work surface. You may need to sprinkle a little more of the baking mix into the dough if you find that it’s too sticky. Roll or pat the dough into a 1-inch thick circle. Cut circles out of the dough using a round cutter (or you can use anything else that is round– a small plastic bowl or a glass). Place the biscuits in the pan of melted butter.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the biscuits sit and soak in all of the melted butter.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)