Black beans and squash combine in a delicious soup.
- Makes 6 Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free rolls.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh or drained canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry Sherry
- more salt to taste
- 1) In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add chopped onion, minced shallots, minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Saute on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add chopped fresh tomatoes (or canned tomatoes), and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- 2) Add black beans, butternut squash and 1 cup chicken broth to food processor. Process until finely pureed. Add onion mixture from the saucepan to the food processor and process everything (pureed beans and butternut squash plus onion mixture) together until smooth.
- 3) Place the pureed mixture back in the saucepan, add 1 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup dry sherry, stir until well combined, and simmer, covered, on low heat for 20 minutes. Season with more salt and cumin if necessary.
- 4) To my taste I use 1 teaspoon salt total (but I notated 1/2 teaspoon because you might find 1 teaspoon too salty – judge for yourself). I also season with 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons cumin total – to your taste 1 tablespoon total from step 1 might be enough.
- 5) To serve, sprinkle with heavy cream swirls, salt and pepper on top.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 9
Original recipe & image from :http://juliasalbum.com/2012/12/black-bean-pumpkin-butternut-squash-soup-recipe/
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)