I always try to find new ways to use ingredients we have on hand. This tasty breakfast came to my mind when I thought about our waffle maker. Breakfast Quesadillas! This turned out to be a delicious breakfast; one that I would do again and again.
- Makes 4 servings .
- 2 small flour tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of onion
- 1/3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked crispy
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Saute your onions until they begin to caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside
- Whisk your eggs and fry them in a pan like an omelet. Keep it flat like a pancake. It will fit well in your tortillas.
- Place one tortilla on a Belgium round waffle maker and place fried eggs, onions, cheese, and bacon. Place other tortilla on top. Close your waffle maker and cook until cheese is thoroughly melted, which is about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and cut in quarters. Garnish with cilantro and serve with salsa and plain Greek yogurt ( or sour cream) and enjoy!
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 6
Original recipe & image from :http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Breakfast-Quesadillas-1622998