Recipe type: dessert
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into even sized pieces
- 1¼ cups pure cane sugar
- ¾ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder*
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt**
- 2 large eggs, chilled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 8x8x2 metal pan with parchment foil paper.***
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Stir frequently as it continues to bubble. When the amount of bubbles subsides, there are small brown specs, and it smells like nutty caramel, remove pan from heat.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder and salt to combine.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs. After mixture has cooled in pot 4-5 minutes, slowly pour in eggs, stirring constantly until well combined.
- Add vanilla, stir to combine.
- Add flour and baking powder, stir to combine.
- Add walnuts, stir to combine.
- Bake 25 minutes. Enjoy!
(Visited 392 times, 1 visits today)