Serves: 24 brownies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3½ cups powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a medium sized pot melt the butter. Add the water and cocoa and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pour the cocoa mixture over the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk and beat til all the ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray. I used a 10x15x1 in pan.
- (Make sure it’s at least an inch deep)
- Place in the oven for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a medium sized pot melt the butter over medium heat
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla, cocoa and let the ingredients come right to boiling.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the powder sugar.
- Let the frosting simmer for a minute.
- Pour the frosting over the cooled cake.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
(Visited 112 times, 1 visits today)