A fantastic low carb meatball recipe inspired by the Caprese Salad.
- Makes 16 serving .
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a medium bowl, and mix thoroughly. Form into 16 meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick saute pan. Add the meatballs to the hot oil about 1 inch apart (you may have to do two batches) and cook over low/medium heat for about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Because the cheese melts out a bit, be careful that they don’t burn – if they appear to be getting dark quickly, then turn down the heat and cook them at a lower temp.
- Serve alone, with marinara sauce, or on skewers with fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info :
- Per meatball: 78 calories, 6g fat, .5 net carbs, 6g protein
Per serving (4): 310 calories, 22g fat, 2g net carbs, 26g protein
- Serving size: 4 meatballs
Original recipe & image from : http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/05/caprese-meatballs-low-carb-gluten-free.html
(Visited 86 times, 1 visits today)