Easy and delicious low carb, gluten-free biscuit recipe made with Cheddar cheese and sour cream. Perfect with soup, or as a breakfast biscuit. They even make great sandwiches.
- Makes 12 biscuit .
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided (I recommend Cabot Private Stock)
- 4 large eggs OR 3 large egg whites and 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (I recommend Cabot full fat sour cream)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Whisk
- in 1/2 cup of the shredded Cheddar.
- Stir in eggs, sour cream and melted butter until well combined.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. These are very filling and they spread and rise so make
- the mounds smallish. You should get 10 to 12 biscuits.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes, until firm to the touch and cheese is just starting to brown.
Remove and let cool 5 minutes.
Nutritional Info :
- Serves 10. Each serving has 9 g of carbs and 5 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 4 g.
- Other nutritional info: 223 Calories; 17g Fat (69.6% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 169mg Sodium.
Original recipe & image from : http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/07/cheddar-drop-biscuits-and-the-cabot-fit-team.html
(Visited 127 times, 1 visits today)