15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4- ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet; add cubed chicken and cook for 8 minutes, or until chicken is browned and internal temperature reaches 165F degrees. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and save the juices in a small bowl.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato juices, basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, & half of the minced garlic; set aside. You can also make this ahead of time and refrigerate for 2 hours, covered.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add remaining garlic and saute for about 20 seconds, or until soft and tender – do not burn the garlic.
- Increase heat to medium high and stir in previously prepared tomato salad.
- Add tomato sauce to pan and bring to a boil.
- Add prepared pasta to sauce pan and toss around until coated. Set aside.
- In a small pan, bring to a boil vinegar and sugar; reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until sauce turns to a thick syrup. Remove from heat and add to prepared pasta.
- Transfer pasta to a platter.
- Arrange prepared chicken breasts on top of pasta.
Read more at ALLRECIPES
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)