5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 burrito sized Old El Paso soft flour tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled cojita cheese (or feta) (optional)
- Sour cream and avocado for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium/high heat. Add the chicken, 3/4 can enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, and cilantro and stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer and cook until heated through. Since the chicken should already be cooked this shouldn’t take more than 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate large skillet (or you can drain the chicken skillet, putting the chicken aside, and use it), start assembling your pie. Start with one tortilla, topped with half of the chicken mixture, then one cup cheese. Repeat with one more tortilla, the rest of the chicken, and another cup cheese. Top with a third tortilla, the remaining enchilada sauce, and the remaining one cup cheese.
- Sprinkle with more chopped cilantro.
- Pop in the oven to cook for 20 minutes or until the sauce is fully bubbly and the cheese all melty and perfect.
- Remove from the oven and top with the diced tomatoes, cojita (or feta), sliced avocado, and sour cream.
This post has been sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)