This is a classic chicken fried rice recipe that’s quick to make, no fuss, and definitely better than takeout.
- Entire recipe makes 4 servings
- Serving size is about 1 1/2cups
- Each serving = 7 Smart Points/8 Points +
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 C soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced at a diagonal
- 1 C green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 C long grain rice, cooked and chilled
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 C green onions, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the five-spice powder, coriander, cumin, ginger, and soy sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots and green beans to the pan and cook for 3 – 4 minutes, or until they become tender. Add a little water to the pan (as necessary to keep the carrots from sticking) and cook with a lid.
- Add the bell peppers, rice, chicken and sauce. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the green onions over the top and serve hot.
Nutritional Info :
- Culinary tradition: Chinese
- Fat: 7
- Protein: 33
- PER SERVING: 321 calories; 7g fat; 2g saturated fat; 29g carbohydrates; 2g sugar; 33g protein; 2g fiber
(Visited 302 times, 1 visits today)