Lemon Basmati Rice Recipe – This delicious and easy side dish goes great … The key is cooking the rice properly and using good quality chicken broth or stock.
- Makes 6-8 servings .
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon low sodium chicken base
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice, butter and chicken base. Stir. Reduce to simmer. Cook 15 minutes, or until rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Pour parsley into your hand and crumble it into the pot, add pepper. Stir and fluff with fork. Add salt to taste. I use 1/2 teaspoon – 1 teaspoon salt.
Serve and enjoy.
- COOK’S NOTES: You can substitute chicken stock in place of the chicken base and water.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 9
Original recipe & image from :http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Chicken-Rice-Simple-Side-Dish-1013206