Serves: 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 15 peppermint candies, crushed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 3/4 cup softened butter, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, 1 egg, and 1/2 tablespoon vanilla on low until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until creamy. About a minute.
- Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Mix on low until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill until firm. 20-30 minutes in the freezer should do it.
- Roll dough into an 8″ log and chill again until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make sure log is round by rolling it gently before slicing. Slice dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Space them about 1″ apart.
- Bake 8-9 minutes, switching sheets halfway through baking. Cool completely on wire racks
- When cookies are cooled, melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil in the microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Be sure to use a container with a wide enough opening to dip the cookies in. Stir until smooth. If needed you can microwave a little more. Be sure to always microwave on 50% power. White chocolate can be fussy. If it gets too hot it will seize. Also, be sure you are using fresh white chocolate chips. Chips that aren’t fresh won’t melt properly.
- One at a time, dip the cookies into the white chocolate to coat 1/2 the cookie and then immediately dip the cookie in the crushed peppermint candy. You can also sprinkle the crushed candy onto the white chocolate. Continue until all cookies are coated with white chocolate and candy and then set them aside to dry. Enjoy!
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)