I made this easy, tasty meal for my Mom, to help out while ill. She loved it. It’s hearty and comforting.
- Makes 12 serving .
- 1 24 ounce package – frozen egg noodles
- 2 – 14.7 oz cans – cream of chicken soup – sometimes i use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
- 1 stick
- (1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
- 1 – 32 ozchicken broth – may want extra to thin out, if too thick. the frozen noodles thicken the broth mixed
- vegetables – optional – i didn’t use this time Chicken buillon to taste – optional – i add about a teaspoon of better
- than buillion chicken flavored paste – for a richer chicken flavor
- 6 smallboneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large
- salt& pepper to taste – can add some parsley too if desire
- 1Salt & pepper chicken breasts and place in the bottom of crock pot. Spoon soup over the chicken. Cut butter into several pats and place pieces evenly over soup.
- I whisk the bouillon with the broth and pour over soup.Place lid on pot and turn to low. Cook for 6 hours.
- 2Remove chicken and tear into pieces. Add back to pot.
- 3Now add noodles and if adding veggies add now. Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles are desired tenderness. I stir a few times during last 2 hours. ( You may want to add more broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as the home made noodles thicken the broth, which we like. )
- 4Sprinkle with parsley and mix in, if using at the end of cooking.
- 5Salt & pepper if needed and Serve. Yum!
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 9
Original recipe & image from : ALLRECIPES
(Visited 102 times, 1 visits today)