- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 level tablespoons whole grain mustard (the one with the seeds)
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to season
- 5 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup bacon bits
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the honey, mustard, garlic, oil and salt to taste. Coat chicken evenly in the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or skillet) over medium heat. Sear chicken fillets on each side in the oil until it just begins to brown (about 3 minutes per side — not completely cooked through as we will finish them in the sauce).
- Add any remaining honey mustard sauce into the pan along with milk. Bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally to mix the favors through the sauce (about 3 minutes), until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the centre of the pan, mixing it through the sauce until it thickens. Place chicken back into the pan; coat with the sauce. Top with the bacon and garnish with parsley and green onions.
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)