- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup half & half
- 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce liquid red food coloring
- Prepare an 8 or 9 inch square pan by lining it with two layers or foil and then gently spraying the foil with cooking spray. You can just lightly grease the pan with cooking spray, but trust me the foil trick is so nice when lifting it from the pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl add semi-sweet chocolate chips and food coloring, mix together and set aside.
- In a separate large microwave safe bowl add butter and heat for 1 ½ minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- Next, add sugar and half & half; stir until combined. Place in microwave and heat for 3 minutes. Then vigorously stir to combine, then cook another 2 minutes. Stir well while scraping down sides of bowl. Return to microwave and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir once more and then heat another 2 ½ minutes.
- *TIP* you may want to set the large bowl on a plate in case it boils over while heating. This happens every time and the plate makes less of a mess for me to pick up.
- Immediately remove from microwave, then add marshmallow creme and stir.
- Stir in milk chocolate ships, vanilla, and semi-sweet chocolate chips with red food coloring. Stir until smooth and well combined, no chunks.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan and lift pan and tap on the counter to work out the air bubbles. Cool completely until set. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into squares. I let mine set for 2-3 hours. Once cut into squares store in an airtight container and set in fridge until ready to eat, serve or package up for friends and family.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)