An authentic pad Thai recipe usually has tamarind juice or pulp to give it a distinct orange hue and sweet flavor. Tamarind can be hard to find, however, …
- Makes 12 serving .
- 1 pound Asian-style rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari if you need it to be gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 block tofu, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped or crushed peanuts (optional)
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, hot sauce and sugar.
- In a large wok or skillet, sautee the tofu, onion and garlic in sesame oil for a minute or two, stirring frequently. Allow to cook for another minute or two.
- Add the cooked noodles and the peanut butter and soy sauce mixture. Stir well, and allow sauce to thicken as it cooks for about 3 minutes.
- Easy Vegetarian Pad Thai Noodle Recipe (Vegan, Gluten-free Option)
Original recipe & image from :http://www.onionringsandthings.com/2013/06/cockeyed-cake-a-k-a-the-lazy-ass-cake/
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)