Serves: 6-8 servings
Fiesta Chicken Pasta Bake
- 8 ounces fusili pasta, uncooked (can also use any other pasta shape)
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well here)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, divided (or use all cheddar)
- (optional) cilantro or sliced green onions for garnish
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Will yield about 4 cups cooked pasta. Drain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl stir together the salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat.
- Add the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the cheese. Toss to combine and pour into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Take off foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with cilantro or green onions if desired.
(Visited 62 times, 1 visits today)