Here is my fabulous, energy producing, non-draining, fast, easy, quick dinner! Get some complex carbohydrates and some lean protein with this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1 medium – zucchini
- 1 medium – squash, summer
- 1 medium – bell pepper, red
- 1 clove – garlic
- 3 large – egg
- 1 cup – brown rice, raw
- 1/2 pound – chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon – soy sauce, low sodium
- Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and heat on medium.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers and garlic and sautee until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Once vegetables are soft, break 3 eggs into a small bowl and whip slightly to combine.
- Pour eggs over vegetables, and move eggs around while they cook.
- Add the rice and cooked chicken and stir again until everything is mixed together.
- Add soy sauce for seasoning and stir one last time.
*Special freezing tip! You can freeze this into single servings. Add a scoop of fried rice to a muffin tin and pack down. Freeze, then remove and store in freezer safe bags. Take out for lunch! I like to pack a ramekin full of the fried rice, and then place it upside down on a plate, then take off the ramekin. It makes a nice little mound of fried rice your kids can stab into with a fork.