My husband who despises all pasta salads raved about this one and went back for seconds – maybe it was the orzo as at first he didn’t even think of it as pasta.
SmartPoints : 4
- 4 oz dry whole wheat orzo
- 1/3 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced cucumbers
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon yellow mustard
- Cook the orzo in salted water according to package directions and drain. Allow the pasta to cool and then place it in a container in the refrigerator for at least an hour until chilled.
- When the orzo is cool, place it in a mixing or serving bowl and add the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and Feta and stir together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and mustard and stir together to make a dressing until thoroughly mixed. Pour the dressing over the orzo salad and toss together until pasta salad is well coated with dressing.
Nutritional Info :
125 calories, 15 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 2 g fiber
4 Smartpoint 1/2 cup side dish
(Visited 252 times, 1 visits today)