I made this twice already because I really like it!
- Makes 4 servings .
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock (canned low-sodium chicken broth would work too)
- 3-4 thick slices fresh ginger root
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (any type, but I used mild white mushrooms which seem more soothing for the tummy)
- 1 cup spinach leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 green onion, very thinly sliced
- In medium saucepan, bring chicken stock to a low simmer. Add ginger slices and let simmer at least 15 minutes or longer. (Taste to see if you have as much ginger flavor as you’d like.) If you’d like a clear soup, use a yogurt strainer or coffee filter to strain the ginger-infused chicken stock, then rinse pan and put strained stock back into pan. Add a small amount of water if the stock has reduced very much.
- While ginger simmers in stock, wash and slice mushrooms and thinly slice spinach leaves. Clean green onion and slice into very thin slices. Bring infused stock back to a low simmer, then add mushrooms and simmer 1 minute. Add sliced spinach and simmer one minute more. Turn off heat and add green onions, then serve soup hot, with chopsticks to eat the veggies after you drink the broth.
Nutritional Info :
- 3 smart points
(Visited 350 times, 1 visits today)