I can’t look at these without literally drooling. As a general rule I’ve never really been a doughnut person, but I realized that’s because I had never had fresh, hot, chocolate frosted doughnuts. That is, until Duck Donuts opened up shop 5 minutes down the road from our house. Now I crave them on a regular basis (like several times a week).
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spray your doughnut pan with cooking oil. Preheat the oven to 325°F. With your stand or hand mixer whisk together the bananas, maple syrup and greek yogurt. Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla until mixed. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until incorporated. Pour contents into a gallon size Ziploc, cut a corner of the bag and pipe into your doughnut pan filling each about three quarters full. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Top with your preferred toppings and enjoy!
- For ours I just melted some dark chocolate and cut up some strawberries. Yum!
Original recipe & image from :http://www.motionmom.com/2016/02/24/healthy-doughnuts/