- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ white or yellow onion, chopped
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar (may sub white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion salt*
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoon cold water
- First prepare the sauce. Add sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion salt, and ketchup to a medium sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil. In a small bowl whisk together the 1 tablespoon corn starch and cold water until dissolved. Add to sauce pan and stir until thickened, then reduce to low heat.
- Add chicken pieces and corn starch to a large ziplock bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken. Drizzle a large pan or skillet with oil. Add coated chicken. Saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add peppers and onions. Continue to saute over medium heat until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add sauce to chicken and peppers. Stir to coat well. Serve warm with cooked rice if desired.
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)