Made with whole wheat flour and coconut palm sugar, there are no refined ingredients here!
- 40 cookies | Serving size: 1 cookie |
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (optional, cloves)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, softened or melted
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar, plus a little more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses or sorghum
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Sift together flour, salt, and spices in medium bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat coconut oil and sugar until a creamy consistency and well combined. Add in egg, molasses, and water and beat just until combined. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon until incorporated. Allow dough to rest 10 minutes at room temperature before shaping.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll balls in additional sugar, place on parchment paper, and slightly flatten with fingers or bottom of a glass. Leave about 1-inch between cookies.
- TIP: For more festive cookies roll in Turbinado sugar which has larger crystals.
- Bake for 10 minutes for softer cookies and 12 minutes for crispier cookies. Leave on cookie sheet about 4-5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. For best results, do not refrigerate.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 78 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 53 mg | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Dietary fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 4 |
(Visited 106 times, 1 visits today)