Homemade bakery french bread in minutes. This super simple and easy french bread recipe will be a hit in your home.
- Makes 8 servings
- PREP TIME 45 mins
- COOK TIME 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME 1 hour 5 mins
- 2 Tablespoons Yeast
- ½ cup Warm Water
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt (heaping)
- ⅓ cup Oil
- 6½ cups Flour
- 1 Egg, for brushing on bread
- In a small bowl, dissolve your yeast in ½ cup warm water. Make sure that your water is warm (not too cold, not too hot). Let proof for 10 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine hot water, sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups of the flour and mix together. Add the yeast mixture to bowl.
- Add the remaining 3½ cups of flour, one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Watch for it to start pulling away from the bowl to know it’s ready. Once all of the flour is added, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Separate your dough into 3 pieces. On a floured surface roll each piece into a 9×12 rectangle. Roll it up like a jelly roll. Shape into french bread loaf and smooth out edges.
- Place the dough on a greased baking pan or silpat, seam side down. Using knife, make 3-4 diagonal cuts about ¼ inch thick in bread. Brush with your beaten egg.
- Let dough rise uncovered for 30-40 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Info :
- 16 smart points
(Visited 1,883 times, 1 visits today)