This is an easy slow cooker recipe for chicken thighs in a sauce made with soy sauce, ketchup, and honey.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4 or one thigh per family member)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (La Choy or Tamari wheat-free are gluten free)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker (if using a 6-quart, this will cook faster. Check after 3 hours on high, 5 hours on low).
- Put the chicken into your cooker. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, then pour evenly over the top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 (I’d go with low—).
- Serve with basmati rice and steamed or roasted vegetables.
- The Verdict.
- My kids adore this chicken. The ketchup and honey taste a bit like barbecue sauce, but slightly more tart. The basil gives it a different, herby flavor which I like a lot. If you are into freezer meals, this is a great candidate— load all the ingredients into a freezer bag (raw chicken, the sauce ingredients) and then freeze. Thaw the bag overnight in the fridge, then plop the ingredients into your cooker for a fast morning plug-in.Enjoy!
(Visited 685 times, 1 visits today)