Serves: About 18 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar for 1 minute or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the butter mixture. Beat until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add the milk and mix to combine. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until completely incorporated.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion the cookie dough onto parchment paper or silicone mat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minute, or until the bottom edges are golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the powdered sugar, butter, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Place the wire racks (with the cookies one them) over some foil or over a baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to top each cookie with a heaping teaspoon of frosting. Use the back of your spoon to spread the glaze all over the cookie. Return the cookie to the wire rack and let the frosting finish coating the cookies. Let set until the glaze firms up a little, about 15-20 minutes. (The glaze will not set up completely, but will stop dripping down the cookie.)
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
(Visited 66 times, 1 visits today)