- 4 Apples
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Morsels
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil or Shortening**
- Black Icing
- 4 Popsicle Sticks
- Black & White Washi Tape (optional)
- Fine Tip Paint Brush
- Cover popsicle sticks with washi tape.
- Wash and dry apples. Remove stems and insert sticks.
- Melt white chocolate and oil/shortening in microwave. Stir every 20-30 seconds. Heat until almost smooth (about 1 minute) then stir vigorously until all chocolate is melted.(You’ll want to use a dish or cup that is not much wider than your apples and deep enough to fully submerge the apple.)
- Let melted chocolate cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip and allow the excess to drip off.
- Transfer to plate covered with wax paper. Immediately transfer apples to refrigerator. (To prevent chocolate puddles at base, spin apples after refrigerating for 2-3 minutes. This will remove the excess chocolate at bottom.)
- Once chocolate has fully cooled (5-10 minutes) dip in melted chocolate one more time, repeating process.
- After second chocolate coating has fully cooled, begin painting the Jack Skellington face.
- Use a fine tip brush for painting.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)