An easy recipe for sunshine sweet and super-moist lemon blueberry layer cake!
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for oiling the pan
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil a 7×11-inch baking pan and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, 2 cups of the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, oil, egg and egg whites, buttermilk and vanilla, stirring after each addition until combined and smooth. Toss blueberries with remaining 1 tablespoon flour in a large bowl then gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside to let cake cool until just warm then cut into squares and serve.
Nutritional Info :
- Per Serving: Serving size: 1 slice
- 200 calories (35 from fat)
- 4g total fat
- 1g sat fat
- 15mg cholesterol
- 220mg sodium
- 37g carbohydrates
- 1 g dietary fiber
- 22g sugar
- 3g protein
- SmartPoints value : 9
(Visited 2,580 times, 1 visits today)