Lemon Blueberry Muffins. The bright tang of lemon zest and juice mingled with sweet blueberries makes these muffins worth waking up for.
- 24 MUFFINS
- 5 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter and applesauce and beat with an electric mixer until blended. Add sugar and beat until combined. Add vanilla, eggs and egg whites and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour (lightly spoon into measuring cups and then level with a knife), baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir together. In the bowl containing the wet ingredients, use the mixer on a low speed while pouring in the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and buttermilk and beat until blended.
- Add the blueberries and fold in gently.
Spoon the batter evenly into the liners. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional Info :
- WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS:
6 per muffin (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
3 per muffin (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- NUTRITION INFORMATION:
137 calories, 23 g carbs, 15 g sugars, 4 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
(Visited 592 times, 1 visits today)