Finally! A delicious gluten free and low carb meatball recipe!
- Makes 15 two-inch meatballs .
- For the meatballs
- 1.5lbs ground beef (80/20)
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup warm water
- For the Parmigiana
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Form into fifteen 2″ meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20 minutes OR fry in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
- Pro-tip – try frying in bacon grease if you have any – it adds another level of flavor. Frying produces the golden brown color shown in the photos above.
For the Parmigiana
- Place the cooked meatballs in an oven safe dish. Spoon approximately 1 Tbl sauce over each meatball. Cover with approximately ¼ oz of mozzarella cheese each. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20 minutes (40 minutes if meatballs are frozen) or until heated through and the cheese is golden. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutritional Info :
- Approx nutrition info per “naked” meatball: 121 cals, 8g fat, .7g net carbs, 11g protein
- Approx nutrition info per meatball parmigiana: 151 cals, 9g fat, 1.7g net carbs, 12g protein
- Serving size: 3 meatballs
Original recipe & image from : http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/03/low-carb-meatballs-alla-parmigiana.html
(Visited 159 times, 1 visits today)