A low carb & gluten free pepperoni pizza meatballsrecipe that will win over the entire family! We even snuck in a secret healthy ingredient!
- Makes 5 servings of 3 meatballs each .
- For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef (80/20)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ cup shredded raw zucchini
- ¼ cup pepperoni, chopped
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for frying
- To serve:
- 1 cup Easy Keto Marinara Sauce
- ½ cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 15 slices pepperoni
- To make the meatballs:
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients (except the olive oil) in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Form into 15 meatballs. Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown – about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the meatballs in an oven proof dish. Spoon the sauce evenly over each meatball. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, and a slice of pepperoni. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, or set under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni is getting crisp. Serve hot.
Nutritional Info :
- Approx nutrition info per serving: 380 calories, 28g fat, 3g net carbs, 27g protein
Original recipe & image from : http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2015/04/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza-meatballs-gluten-free.html
(Visited 76 times, 1 visits today)