This takes a fun approach to the traditional mac and cheese recipe. Kids can eat it like a muffin and with their hands, making it a new mac and cheese experience
- 12 MUFFINS
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat or high fiber macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 (10 oz) package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, drained and patted dry (or you could use 1 cup cooked fresh spinach)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Lightly mist a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour, mixing it into the butter until thick. Stir
- in the milk and garlic and raise the temp to bring the mixture to just under a boil. Add the cheese and whisk mixture together until thoroughly combined into a cheese sauce.
- Remove the cheese sauce from heat and then mix in the egg and egg white (binding agents) until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, cheese sauce, salt and pepper and mix together. Spoon the mixture evenly into the cups of your prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the tops slightly brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Nutritional Info :
- WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
4 per muffins (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- NUTRITION INFORMATION:
149 calories, 15 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 6 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 9 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
(Visited 136 times, 1 visits today)