Serves: 8 servings
- 1 (375g) box macaroni (about 3½ cups)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Old El Paso Mild Salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 Old El Paso Tortilla Bowls
- Cook all macaroni according to package directions, except be sure to leave the pasta with a little bite — about 4-5 minutes in boiling water. Drain and run under cold water until cool. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the flour and stir until combined. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the taco seasoning and salt, stir and cook 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk with a whisk. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until thickened — about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in salsa and 2 cups cheese until cheese is melted. Add the pasta and stir until combined.
- Place tortilla bowls on a parchment lined baking sheet and fill with macaroni. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and bake 10 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with additional taco toppings (jalapenos, extra salsa, avocado) if desired.
*To make ahead: cool pasta as recipe instructs. Cook sauce and cool to room temperature. Stir together pasta and sauce and refrigerate until ready to use. Fill tortilla bowls and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly — covering if they brown too quickly if necessary.
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)