- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- ½ cup shortening
- 1⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 1¾ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream butter & shortening on medium until combined. Add sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Continue beating until fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in egg yolks & vanilla until combined.
- Beat in flour a little bit at a time. Divide into 24 even pieces and roll into balls.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or just until set (you do not want the cookies to brown). Cool on the cookie sheet about 3 minutes and cool completely on a wire rack.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)