This hearty breakfast muffin recipes packs chocolate chips and pecans into an oatmeal muffin for extra deliciousness
- 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 muffin |
- Dry ingredients
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Wet ingredients
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large ver ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey (raw is recommended)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (unrefined) coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place oats in a blender on high, and grind until a flour like consistency. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the yogurt, bananas, eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla to the blender or beat with a mixer, on high until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips. Line a muffin pan with muffin papers or grease pan with coconut oil or cooking spray. Ladle mixture into each cup, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove once cool enough to handle and allow muffins to cool on cake rack. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 226 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 34 mg | Sodium: 220 mg | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 19 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints: 10
(Visited 481 times, 1 visits today)