One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole – it’s cheesy, it’s comforting and it’s made in one pot. It’s dinner!
- Makes 6 servings .
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion, garlic and cubed chicken. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes until chicken start to brown a bit. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add rice, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Start with 2 cups of chicken broth and if more is needed until rice is fully cooked, add more. Cook over medium heat until rice is fully cooked, should take about 15 minutes or so. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Add half the cheese and the broccoli florets and continue cooking for 2 more minutes, until broccoli softens a bit.
- Sprinkle over the top with remaining cheese and place skillet under broiler for a couple minutes, just until it melts and starts to brown a bit.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 342 Fat: 1.4g Saturated fat: 6.2g Unsaturated fat: 0.0g Trans fat: 0.0g Carbohydrates: 26.2g Sugar: 1.7g Sodium: 733mg Fiber: 1.4g Protein: 23.7g Cholesterol: 65mg
Original recipe & image from : ALLRECIPES
(Visited 267 times, 1 visits today)