This Coconut Chicken curry is so good, everyone will be shocked when they find out how easy it is to make!
- servings | Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe over 1 cup cooked brown rice |
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (use yellow curry powder for milder or red for spicier)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 white onion, cut into strips
- 1 can lite or regular coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed and cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar or honey
- In a large pan over medium-low heat, sauté the onion and bell pepper in olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring every so often until onions are softened and translucent, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the spices and chicken pieces, and cook for about 3 minutes, until spices are fragrant and the chicken is a bit golden on the outside.
- Add the coconut milk and sweetener, stir, increase heat to high and bring almost to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Nutritional Info :
- 6 Calories: 338 | Points Plus: 8 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 243 mg | Carbohydrates: 52 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 13 g |
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)