This Phony Pho Chicken Broth Bowl is basically the Vietnamese version of chicken noodle soup with a crazy amount of flavor.
- 4-6 servings
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce (if you don’t like spice, reduce to 1 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon Star Anise
- 2 teaspoon Soy Sauce (can use Tamari, a gf soy sauce)
- ½ cup Shredded Carrot
- 4 Green Onions, diced
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, shredded (or poached chicken)
- 8 ounces Rice Noodles
- Fresh Lime
- Fresh Jalapeno Slices
- Fresh Cilantro or Basil
- Sriracha Sauce
- Bean Sprouts
- In a large pot, bring broth, ginger, chili garlic sauce, anise, soy sauce, carrots, green onions, salt and pepper to a
- simmer over medium high heat. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Add salt to boiling water to season the rice noodles throughout while cooking. Set aside.
- Add chicken to pot and cook for 5-10 more minutes or until heated through. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Place rice noodles in each bowl and ladle chicken broth on top. Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice,
- jalapeno slices, fresh cilantro or basil, bean sprouts (optional), and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce.
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)