For the cake:
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon pink get food coloring
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
For the filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softned
- 1½ cups cool whip, thawed
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (set to 325 if using a very dark pan). Grease a 15x10x1 inch pan with cooking spray and then cover with parchment paper and then grease the parchment payer.
- Lay a tea towel on a flat work surface and sprinkle it with powdered sugar and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 3 minutes until pale in color. Continue beating as you slowly add in the sugar. Add the oil, buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and food coloring and beat for 1 more minute. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour batter into pan and tilt to even out the batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until it springs back when touched.
- When done, immediately invert the cake onto the towel. Remove the parchment paper and then roll the cake in the towel starting at the short end. Set on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Mix in cool whip until creamy. Refrigerate until cake has cooled completely and ready to fill.
- Unroll the cake and spread the filling evenly over the top. Roll the cake back up and place seam side down on a platter. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least and hour before serving. Dust with powdered sugar, slice, and serve.
(Visited 86 times, 1 visits today)