1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
toasted pumpkin seed kernels (optional)
4 pita breads, each cut into 8 wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place the pita wedges on baking sheets; coat with cooking spray.
3. Bake the pita wedges in the oven for about 6 minutes (or until toasted).
4. Place the pumpkin, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the parsley and pulse until blended.
5. Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seed kernels (optional).
Nutritional Info :
Calories from fat: 20
Total fat: 2.3g
Total carbs: 17.4g
Dietary fiber: 1.1g