- 3⅓ cups flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons (one 1-ounce bottle) red food coloring
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 8 Oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have a 9×13 inch pan ready. I like to line mine with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray so that the bars easily lift out and are easy to cut.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together 1 cup butter softened and sugar until light and creamy. About 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and food coloring until combined.
- Add the flour mixture until a soft dough forms. Press into the bottom of the 9×13 inch pan. Bake for about 20 minutes until the edges start to pull away from the sides and a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean. Allow to completely cool before frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, Beat together the cream cheese and butter. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat together until smooth. Frost the top of the bars and enjoy!
(Visited 224 times, 1 visits today)