Sausage Potato Bake is a super simple and ultra savory meal loaded with golden and caramelized onions, peppers, potatoes, and meaty bites of sausage.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 package Hillshire Farm® Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 6 cups red new potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed (or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed (or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Place cut potatoes in medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes or until crisp- tender. Drain potatoes.
- 3. Combine sausage, potatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, chicken broth, olive oil and seasonings in a 12×8-inch pan (I used 13×9-inch); mix lightly. (Alternately, you can mix the sausage and vegetables in a large bowl, whisk the seasonings together separately then pour over and toss- then transfer the mixture to the pan).
- 4. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender. For crispier potatoes, bake 10 to 15 minutes longer.
*This recipe is easy to make gluten- free: Just be sure to use a brand of broth that is known to be GF.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories per serving: 260
- Fat per serving: 10g
- Saturated Fat per serving: 2.5g
- Sodium per serving: ,span class=”sodium”>570g
- Fiber per serving: 5g
- Protein per serving: 12g
- Cholesterol per serving: 40mg
- Carbohydrates per serving: 32g
- WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 7 Old Points Program: 5
(Visited 251 times, 1 visits today)