This recipe made a batch of 12 sizable cookies. I would eat two for breakfast personally. There are only 2.9g of carbs per cookie and 8.2g protein so to me that’s a decent breakfast. Well I hope you like these as much as I do. If you are on a low carb diet, sometimes variety is helpful. Even if you aren’t low carbing it, I think you and your family will like these because they are quite tasty. And for those doing Weight Watchers, each cookie s 4 Smart Points. Enjoy!
- Makes 12 serving .
- 4 oz pork sausage
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green peppers, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute sausage, onions and peppers until the sausage is browned and the vegetable soft. Take off heat and let cool.
- In the meantime add almond flour, salt, pepper and baking powder to a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add ½ cup of the cheese. Add to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add cooled sausage mixture and mix to combine.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat on a large cookie sheet.
- Place a big spoonful of mixture as you would to make cookies. Dough is sticky so try to use the spoon as well you can.
- Press down gently on each cookie to flatten a little. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutritional Info :
- 127 CALS / 8.9G FAT / 3.3G CARBS / 0.4G FIBER / 8.2G PROTEIN = NET CARBS 2.9G
Original recipe & image from :http://mylifecookbook.com/2016/02/29/savory-breakfast-cookies-low-carb/
(Visited 267 times, 1 visits today)