In a medium saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat and saute the onion, green pepper, carrots, and celery until slightly tender, about 4 minutes
- Makes about 16 pancakes
- 1 large zucchini
- 8 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 recipe pancake batter, such as Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes
- Grate the zucchini and carrots using the large holes on a box grater. Thinly slice the onions, mince the garlic, and roughly chop parsley.
- Prepare one recipe of your favorite homemade or store-bought pancake mix, but use 1/4 cup less liquid than called for; the zucchini will add a great deal of liquid to the mix. Fold the vegetables into the prepared pancake batter.
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat and brush it gently with olive oil. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the warmed skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until the outer edges have set, then flip. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the pancakes liberally with salt and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with butter, sour cream, or even a savory jam or chutney if you have it!
(Visited 373 times, 1 visits today)